Park to Park - Free Chautauqua Shuttle
The Park to Park Pilot ended on Aug. 27, 2017. There is currently no Park to Park shuttle or paid parking at Chautauqua. The information below describes how the pilot worked.
What was Park to Park?
The Park to Park pilot program, which provided satellite parking and free shuttle service to and from Chautauqua, is part of the Chautauqua Access Management Plan (CAMP) project to explore ways to create a better visitor experience while reducing vehicular and parking impacts on neighbors and the area’s natural and cultural resources.
The temporary shuttle service, which ran every Saturday and Sunday from June 3 to Aug. 27, was intended to be a convenient, stress-free way to access Chautauqua - by foot, car, bike, skateboard or otherwise.
Some quick facts about the shuttle:
- FREE: Rides to and from Chautauqua without breaking the bank
- FAST: The shuttle ran every 15 minutes from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- DOGS were welcome! And yes, there was room for all your gear, too.
How it Worked
- Free parking and shuttle service were available at the CU Regent and downtown parking garages.
- Shuttle stops were available at:
- CU Regent parking lot
- New Vista High School parking lot
- Baseline and 10th Street
- 9th Street and College
- 10th and Pearl
- 13th and Walnut (Eastbound only)
- 13th and Spruce (Westbound only)
- Paid parking ($2.50/hr) was available in designated areas in and around Chautauqua.
- You could pay at one of the five pay stations along Baseline, or save time by downloading the ParkMobile app!
- Lyft rides that ended at Chautauqua or originated in Chautauqua were eligible to use the “parktopark” code and received $2.50 off a one way ride or $5.00 off round trip. The Lyft offer was good all day Saturday and Sunday through the last day of the pilot, Aug. 27.
- Permit parking only in the historic cottage area.
- Questions or comments? Email the Park to Park Team.
- Review the Park to Park map.
- Download the ParkMobile app.
- Learn more about where the Park to Park pilot program came from and the overall CAMP effort. You can also sign up for CAMP emails
Event Shuttle: Hop 2 Chautauqua
Looking for the event shuttle? This is a separate service with a different schedule and parking locations run by the Colorado Chautauqua Association. Visit the Hop 2 Chautauqua page to learn more.