Bicyclist and Pedestrian Counts
Many thanks to our volunteers!
The City of Boulder Transportation division had over 30 volunteers help us count pedestrians and bicyclists on 12 multi-use paths around town this past September and we are so appreciative of them!
With your help, we were able to collect pedestrian and bicycle counts at twelve multi-use path locations! The data you collected will help us understand the number of users on the multi-use path system, the split of bicyclists and pedestrians, helmet use, and more. We couldn't have done this without you, so thank you so much for your time and energy.
The results are in!
We have assembled and analyzed the data from this year’s counts, and you are the first to see the results. Check out the infographic for our findings!
Interested in seeing the results from our last counts? Take a look at the 2017 count results by clicking here!
The counts used the National Bicycle and Pedestrian Documentation Project (NBPD) bicycle and pedestrian count methodology. The NBPD ensures a consistent bicycle and pedestrian count that can be collected on an annual basis for comparison over time. The data collected will also be shared with a national database to be compared with similar counts collected across the country using the NBPD. More information on the NBPD can be found here: National Bicycle and Pedestrian Documentation Project.
Bicyclist and Pedestrian Count Locations
- Elmer's Two Mile Path south of Glenwood Drive
- Goose Creek Path south of Community Cycles (north of Pearl Pkwy. and west of Foothills Pkwy.)
- Boulder Creek Path east of Pearl East Circle
- Boulder Creek Path west of Broadway Path
- Skunk Creek Path south of Boulder Creek Path
- Foothills Path north of Centennial Trail
- Broadway Path north of Baseline Road (west side)
- Broadway Path south of Table Mesa Drive
- Bear Creek Path south of Baseline Road
- Four Mile Creek Path west of the 28th St. underpass
For more information, contact Emily Kleinfelter in the city’s Transportation Division at 303-441-4263 or [email protected]