Transportation Master Plan
The City of Boulder is currently preparing the 2019 Transportation Master Plan (TMP) update. The TMP is the guiding policy document for the city of Boulder's transportation system and is organized around five focus areas: Complete Streets, Regional Travel, Transportation Demand Management, Funding and Sustainability Learn more about the background of the TMP by clicking the Current (2014) TMP button above.
The 2019 TMP update will assess how far the community has come in meeting its mobility and sustainability goals since the last version of the TMP was released in 2014 and will establish transportation policy and investment priorities for the future.
News and Events
The 2019 TMP is nearing completion! Join us at the upcoming public hearings with the Transportation Advisory Board and City Council:
- Transportation Advisory Board, Sept. 9, 2019, 6 p.m. in council chambers (1777 Broadway). TAB will provide a recommendation to City Council after the public hearing. TAB information
- City Council for plan acceptance, Sept. 17, 2019, in council chambers. City Council information
View the draft TMP and appendices:
- Draft 2019 Transportation Master Plan (*this draft includes highlighted changes made based on community feedback)
- Draft Action Plan
- Appendix A: Street Classification Map
- Appendix B: TMP Map of All Capital Projects
- Appendix C: 2019 Low-Stress Walk and Bike Network Plan
- Draft 2019 Pedestrian Plan (*this draft includes highlighted changes made based on community feedback
Become a TMP Ambassador
Are you passionate about making Boulder a city where taking the bus, riding a bike, or simply walking is just as easy and convenient as driving a car? Then sign up to become a Transportation Master Plan (TMP) Ambassador! Learn more.
TMP 2019 Update Community Engagement Summary
View the latest Summary of Community Engagement for the period of October 2017 - August 2019.
Sign up below for the City of Boulder's Transportation e-newsletter to receive regular updates on the TMP and community events: