Transportation Master Plan (TMP)
What is the TMP?
The Transportation Master Plan (TMP) guides the city's plans and investments in transportation. First adopted in 1989, the TMP has laid the foundation for the Community Transit Network (the city's system of buses), the multi-modal path system and underpasses, the Eco Pass and more. It also helps guide investments in operating and maintaining the current transportation system.
The most recent TMP was adopted in 2014, and is built on more than 20 years of consistent policy direction that has focused on safety, providing access to all users, reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and integrating with regional transportation developments. The TMP also integrates with broader community goals reflected in the Boulder Valley Comprehensive Plan and the city’s Sustainability Framework and Climate Commitment.
The TMP is really the Boulder community's plan . About every five years, city staff reach out to the community to learn whether the current goals and policy direction still reflect the community's values.
2018/2019 Transportation Master Plan Update
In March 2018, the city will launch the next update with a public open house and panel discussion featuring nationally recognized visionaries on sustainable transportation, regional mobility, emerging technologies and walkable neighborhoods.
The 2018-2019 TMP Update page is your resource for all of the latest information on this process.
To receive regular updates and to get involved, sign up for the City of Boulder's Transportation e-newsletter.
Visit Be Heard Boulder , the city's new online engagement platform, to provide feedback on the TMP update.
Previous TMP Update Files
- 2018 Transportation Report on Progress
- 2014 Transportation Master Plan
- 2014 Transportation Master Plan (TMP) Action Plan
- 2008 Transportation Master Plan
- 2003 Transportation Master Plan
- What Are the Key Features of the 1996 TMP
- 2016 Transportation Report on Progress
- 2012 Transportation Report on Progress
- Electric Bikes Policy Review
- Communitywide EcoPass FAQs
- Developer TDM Requirements Best Practices Research
- Transportation Master Plan: Summary of Community Engagement