Backflow Prevention Program
Installation and annual testing of backflow prevention assemblies is a state requirement to help protect water quality and public health.
State regulations require the City of Boulder to maintain a Backflow Prevention Program to track the installation and annual testing of backflow prevention assemblies on all hazardous cross-connections (potential points for contamination and backflow). This applies to all commercial/industrial, large multifamily and some smaller multifamily and residential customers connected to the city's water supply. Properly working backflow prevention assemblies keep drinking water clean and safe.
Email Backflow Prevention or call 303-413-7401.
- Backflow Prevention Handout
- Backflow Tips for Homeowners
- Backflow Prevention Assembly Testers
- Backflow Prevention Codes and Regulations
- Irrigation and Pressure Vacuum Breakers
- Backflow Prevention for Commercial and Multifamily Customers
- Backflow Prevention for Homeowners
- Backflow Prevention Questions
- General Backflow Information
- Request Backflow Prevention