Commercial Water and Energy Conservation Resources
The city is working in conjunction with the county's Partners for a Clean Environment (PACE) Program to perform indoor water audits for select Commercial, Industrial and Institutional (CII) customers.
The county's PACE program has a long history of performing water audits which evaluate water use, efficiency, leaks and opportunities to save water and energy. Direct installation of aerators and pre-rinse spray valves are available. Space is limited. Call or email for details.
Want to perform a self-evaluation at your property? No problem. Contact PACE to try the free CII Water Audit Tool.
Follow these tips to conserve water at the workplace:
- Restaurants should only serve water when asked.
- Have your system checked for leaks and get them repaired.
- Teach water awareness to employees.
- Use one glass per employee per day to cut down on dirty dishes.
- Install toilet dams or displacement devices to cut down on the amount of water needed for each flush. Put an inch or two of sand or pebbles in the bottom of a quart or larger container and fill the rest of the container with water. Put the cap on and place the bottle in your toilet tank, safely away from the operating mechanism. The container will save on each flush without impairing the efficiency of the toilet.
- Check your toilets for leaks. Put a few drops of food coloring in the tank. If the coloring begins to appear in the bowl without flushing, you have a leak that should be repaired immediately. Even a small leak can waste thousands of gallons.
- Install low-flow shower heads in shower facilities.
- Use high-efficiency equipment and appliances.
- Don't use or install ornamental water features unless they recycle water.
- Start a conservation program.
- Know where your water gets used. It is important to know how much water is being used for each of your firm's industrial processes and/or domestic needs. Monitor your water bills to see how you're doing.
- Get your business PACE certified! PACE (Partners for a Clean Environment) recognizes businesses that implement conservation methods.
EnergySmart helps you:
- Discover low- and no-cost energy-saving opportunities. Schedule a FREE EnergySmart Assessment for your business.
- Upgrade your old or inefficient equipment. With EnergySmart advisors, incentives and utility rebates, energy efficiency upgrades have never been more cost-effective.
Get started saving today:
- Call an expert Energy Advisor at 303-441-1300
- Email: [email protected]
- Visit: www.EnergySmartYES.com