The Water Conservation Program offers support services to City of Boulder customers who want to be more efficient with their water use. Using water efficiently and eliminating leaks can help reduce your water utility bill while also supporting the Boulder community to be more sustainable. The 2019 Water Conservation Report is now available.
The Water Conservation Program partners with Resource Central to support residents in reducing their water usage. Services and products are limited in quantity and are offered on a first come, first serve basis. Visit Resource Central’s main webpage at www.ResourceCentral.org or call 303-999-3820 to learn more. Some programs include:
- Free Irrigation Consultants
- Water-Wise Garden Kits
- Replacement Turf Replacement Pilot Program
- Free Landscape Seminars
The Water Conservation Program partners with the county's Partners for a Clean Environment (PACE) Program to provide commercial customers with FREE water and energy services. Visit Partner's for a Clean Environment main webpage at www.pacepartners.com or call 303-786-7223 to learn more. At Partners for a Clean Environment, a business sustainability consultant can:
- Conduct a free water assessment at your business
- Identify quick upgrades, such as installing low-flow fixtures
- Connect you with tools, incentives and other resources
- Engage employees in efforts to reduce water use
There are many ways to reduce water outdoors and to be smart with your landscape. You can create your yard to promote pollinator habitat or reduce pollutants from entering our local waterways! Call water conservation staff today to learn more and explore some resources below:
- When and How to Water Your Yard fact sheet from GreenCO explains how to water your yard the right amount
- How Your Sprinkler System Can Save Water fact sheet from GreenCO explains how you can program your irrigation system to be more water efficient and maintain a healthy landscape
- Yard and Garden Tips on Colorado State Univeristy Extension's website has great tips and resources for any type of landscape.
- Choose the Right Lawn on Northern Water's website can guide you in identifying what is the best seed for where your lawn is located and how it's used.
In just 10 minutes, you can search your home for leaks and reduce water waste.
There are no drought restrictions in place currently. However, Boulder is in a semi-arid environment and experiences hot and dry conditions during the year and so we encourage water efficiency- especially later in the summer and fall! For more information on drought monitoring, visit City of Boulder's Drought Water watch webpage.