Funding from this round will support events occurring from January through May 2024.
The City of Boulder has opened the second Human Relations Fund (HRF) fund round for 2023.
The HRF supports community-initiated activities that focus on or raise awareness of civil rights, human rights, or equity issues and problems in Boulder; facilitate interaction, understanding, collaboration and civic participation among diverse communities; or enable communities that experience marginalization to celebrate events significant to them while providing learning opportunities to the general population.
Rolling applications for events occurring January through May 2024 will be accepted starting Monday, October 9, 2023. Applications for this fund round close on Friday, March. 29, 2024, at 4:00 p.m.
Earlier this year, the city announced changes to the HRF including:
- The Human Relations Commission will no longer have role in the HRF grant process (application, funding, or reporting)
- Implementation of an online application process in English and Spanish
- Streamlined application deadlines
- Funding recommendations made by an advisory committee of city staff and community members
- Brief written reports (no in-person reporting) following the funded event(s)
The city anticipates awarding approximately $85,000 in funding in 2024 to qualified community organizations through a competitive application process. The maximum amount that an organization can apply for varies by project.
Learn more about available Human Relations Funds and find application information on the city’s website.