The Human Relations Commission (HRC) is committed to supporting community-initiated activities that raise awareness on civil rights and human rights issues and problems in Boulder; facilitate interaction, understanding, collaboration and civic participation among diverse communities; and enable members of Boulder’s communities to celebrate events significant to them while they provide learning opportunities to the general population.
Human Relations Fund Grants
Human Relations Fund (HRF) grants are limited to:
- Nonprofit organizations;
- Activities held within Boulder city limits; and
- Events that are free and open to the public.
Additional criteria considered include:
- Diversity among planners and decision makers
- Inclusivity among event participants
- Youth involvement in leadership roles
- Collaboration with other organizations
- Ability to access multiple sources of funding
- Access for people with disabilities
Money available to the HRF depends on city revenue and varies from year to year. Awards are made at HRC monthly business meetings. Only events that are planned or occur during the calendar year of their HRF funding will be considered.
Apply for the Human Relations Fund
- The HRC is accepting applications for non-in-person events taking place in 2021.
- Money available to the HRF depends on city revenue and therefore varies from year to year.
- Awards are made at HRC monthly business meetings.