The city is actively seeking additional feedback from the community about the information presented at the open house.
The open house presentation is available to view online and community members can provide their input via feedback activities posted on BeHeardBoulder. The activities will be available through Monday, July 12.
The input collected by July 12 will shape the next phase of the project by identifying the needs and desires of the community related to the facilities, programs and services provided by BPR. The city is asking the community to provide feedback on multiple issues ranging from taking care of existing facilities to ensuring the financial sustainability of the department.
“What we hear from the community will inform the policies that guide our work for the next five to seven years,” said Parks and Recreation Department Director Ali Rhodes. “Through these online feedback opportunities, people can easily share their thoughts with us. I invite everyone to take some time to tell us what they think about their parks and recreation system. We need to hear from you now to shape the city’s parks and recreation system of the future.”
BPR is finishing the needs assessment phase of the update to then identify strategies and initiatives to meet the community’s needs and desires. Later this year, additional opportunities for community feedback will help prioritize those strategies and initiatives to guide BPR’s investments and day-to-day decision making.
The BPR Master Plan Update process is helping the department to:
- Guide day-to-day programs, parks, and facility operations.
- Direct investments in parks and facilities.
- Provide more equitable recreational access to community members.
- Maintain financial sustainability and resilience.
- Ensure alignment with citywide policies.
Stay up to date on the BPR Master Plan update by:
- Visiting the project webpage to read updates and watch a video about the BPR Master Plan Update.
- Signing up for email updates.
- Following BPR on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.