Leveraging Resources and Expertise Through Partnerships
The City of Boulder works closely with local, regional and state organizations to support economic vitality and meet the needs of Boulder businesses.
- Boulder Chamber supports the business community through advocacy, business assistance, economic research, networking, member services and professional development programs.
- Boulder Convention and Visitor's Bureau (CVB) provides information to Boulder visitors and helps businesses plan group meetings and events.
- Boulder Economic Council, the economic development arm of the Boulder Chamber, provides demographic, economic, and site selection information and direct assistance to local businesses, entrepreneurs, and companies considering expansion in Boulder.
- Boulder Small Business Development Center (SBDC) supports the growth and resiliency of all types of small businesses from "Main Street" through highly scalable technology ventures by providing free consulting, practical workshops and events, and connections to resources including financing. Some programming in both English and Spanish.
- Boulder Valley School District (BVSD), serving Boulder and nearby communities, is consistently ranked among the highest academically achieving districts in the state. In addition to K-12 education, the district's Lifelong Learning program offers a wide range of classes for adults.
- CO-LABS nurtures Colorado's world-class science and research ecosystem by sharing information about the work being done in the state's national labs and connecting labs, universities and businesses to promote understanding and partnership opportunities.
- Colorado Bioscience Industry Association supports the state's world class life sciences ecosystem which includes companies in ag bio, health, medical device, pharmaceuticals, service providers and academic and research institutions.
- Colorado Cleantech Industries Association provides advocacy, collaboration and practical resources to the state's cleantech innovators.
- Colorado Creative Industries promotes, supports and expands the creative industries including design, film and media, literary and publishing, performing arts, visual arts and design, and heritage to drive the state's economy, grow jobs and enhance quality of life.
- Colorado Enterprise Fund is a certified CDFI and authorized SBA lender, helping Colorado small businesses make their business dreams a reality through their flexible loan programs and personalized business coaching.
- Colorado Nanotechnology Alliance works to promote, unite and advance growth in the state's nanotechnology industry.
- Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade (OEDIT) works to create a positive business climate that encourages dynamic economic development and sustainable job growth through financial and technical assistance in support of local and regional economic development activities throughout the state.
- Colorado Space Coalition, representing aerospace companies, military leaders, academic organizations and economic development groups works to advance the state's leadership in aerospace and position as a center of excellence for space.
- Colorado Technology Association supports a vibrant and thriving technology community, providing leaders, innovators and entrepreneurs with the resources they need to thrive.
- Downtown Boulder Partnership promotes the civic, economic and commercial vitality of downtown Boulder while preserving its historic and cultural environment as the heart of the greater Boulder community.
- eSpace Center for Space Entrepreneurship supports the creation and development of entrepreneurial space companies, the commercialization of the technologies they create and the workforce to fuel their growth.
- Innosphere Ventures is a science and technology incubator that offers a commercialization program, specialized office and lab facilities and a seed stage venture capital fund for startups and emerging growth companies
- The Latino Chamber of Commerce of Boulder County promotes economic advancement, growth and sustainability for Latino businesses by enabling access to business opportunities and developmental resources through strategic initiatives.
- Manufacturer's Edge works directly with manufacturers to meet their needs for growth planning, cost control and reduction, technology deployment, skill development, quality system analysis and creation, process analysis and improvement, facility design and layout, and pursuing other world-class manufacturing initiatives.
- Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation provides services to help site selectors and companies with location, expansion, and market decisions in partnership with municipalities and economic development groups throughout the Metro Denver region.
- Naturally Boulder supports and enhances the natural and organic products industry through educational seminars and networking opportunities.
- Outdoor Industry Association supports businesses in the outdoor industry and promotes sustainable business innovation and increasing outdoor participation.
- University of Colorado at Boulder offers opportunities for businesses to connect with research and expertise across the university. Resources include CU Career Services, Industry & Foundation Relations, Leeds School of Business, Silicon Flatirons, ATLAS Institute, BioFrontiers Institute, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Institute (RASEI) and many other academic and research programs.
- Workforce Boulder County (WFBC) provides services for businesses looking to fill open positions, as well as job training, career counseling, and other assistance for job seekers.