Planning Board Meeting 09/02/2021 22:00 09/02/2021 18:00 America/Denver <p class="address" translate="no"><span class="locality">Boulder</span>, <span class="administrative-area">CO</span><br> <span class="country">United States</span></p> MM/DD/YYYY CONFIRMED OPAQUE
- Due to physical distancing requirements, all Planning Board meetings have been moved to an online platform for the foreseeable future.
Any correspondence you wish the Board to review must be received via email at least 24 hours prior to the beginning of the meeting.
- CALL TO ORDER
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
The August 5, 2021 minutes are scheduled for review.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
- DISCUSSION OF DISPOSITIONS, PLANNING BOARD CALL-UPS/CONTINUATIONS
A. CALL UP ITEM: Standard Wetland Permit (WET2020-00004); Sediment and Vegetation Removal along Goose Creek. The decision may be called up by Planning Board on or before September 6, 2021.
B. CALL UP ITEM: Standard Wetland Permit (WET2020-00005); Sediment and Vegetation Removal along Elmer’s Twomile Creek. The decision may be called up by Planning Board on or before September 6, 2021.
C. CALL UP ITEM: Standard Wetland Permit (WET2021-00004); In-Kind Replacement of Existing Parking Lot at 1130 35th Street. The decision may be called up by Planning Board on or before September 6, 2021.
D. Call Up Item: SITE REVIEW and DETERMINATION UNDER 9-3-10(e)(3)(D), AIRPORT INFLUENCE ZONE, B.R.C. 1981: Amendment to the previously approved Site Review application #LUR2016-00066 to permit a change from a restaurant on Lot 5 of the Diagonal Crossing development to a day care center of 7,380 square feet (Growing Minds Learning Academy) with parking, landscaping, and outdoor play area. Application also includes consideration of a parking reduction on Lot 5 of 37.5% and setback modifications along the property’s front yard and street side yards to permit 10 feet where 20 feet is required for the front yard and 15 feet for the street side yard. The decision may be called up before Planning Board on or before Sept. 10, 2021.
- PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS
A. AGENDA TITLE: Public Hearing and Concept Plan Review and Comment for the redevelopment of a 2.33-acre parcel that includes the addresses noted below, located primarily at 2504 Spruce Street, with 63 residential units, and an exercise room for residents. The proposal is for a two-phased project. Phase 1 is planned with 16 townhomes and two apartments, two of which are proposed to be on-site affordable units. Phase 2 would include up to 45 apartments of varying sizes and bedroom counts, with six planned as on-site affordable units. Reviewed under case no. LUR2021-00016.
B. AGENDA TITLE: Public hearing to:
1) consider a recommendation to City Council regarding Ordinance 8484 amending Appendix L, “Form-Based Code Areas,” and Appendix M, “Form-Based Code,” of Title 9, “Land Use Code,” B.R.C. 1981, creating a form-based code for the Alpine-Balsam Area, and setting forth related details;
2) consider initiating a general revision to the city’s zoning map which forms a part of Title 9, “Land Use Code,” B.R.C. 1981, and a recommendation to City Council regarding Ordinance 8485 to adopt a general revision of the city’s zoning map consistent with the land use designation changes adopted in the 2020 Mid-Term Update to the Boulder Valley Comprehensive Plan; and
3) consider approval of amendments to the Alpine-Balsam Area Plan Connections Plan to be consistent with the proposed Appendix M, “Form-Based Code,” regulating plan for the Alpine-Balsam Area.
- MATTERS FROM THE PLANNING BOARD, PLANNING DIRECTOR, AND CITY ATTORNEY
- DEBRIEF MEETING/CALENDAR CHECK