Located in beautiful Boulder, Colorado, EXPAND is dedicated to help people of all abilities enjoy life. We use recreation and leisure activities to help our participants learn and practice:
- Social skills and communication
- Physical fitness
- Independence and self confidence
- Building community
- Safety within programs and in the community
- Emotional wellness and appropriate expression of emotions
And so much more!
Come join our team! EXPAND accepts up to nine interns per year; three in each of the following seasons: winter/spring, summer and fall. We love working with interns because they bring a fresh, new perspective and a lot of energy to our programs and team.
Interns are supervised by one of the EXPAND staff members and will get a chance to work with all of us. We strive to have you involved in all aspects of our jobs so you leave understanding what it takes to be a community-based recreational therapist. Our internship meets all NCTRC standards so you too can take the test and become a CTRS!
- Sports including swimming, gymnastics, flag football, pickleball, basketball.
- Fitness classes including spinning, yoga, water aerobics, movement mentors.
- Adventure programs including camping and overnight trips!
- Social programs including Friday night fun, crafts, chat & chow and school day off programs.
"The variety of opportunities that I received through this internship was incredibly appealing as someone who wanted to 'EXPAND' their Recreation Therapy toolbox as much as possible. Working with this supportive and enthusiastic group of CTRS’ is one of the reasons that I have grown and learned so much about myself and the profession. This is the kind of agency that will do anything and everything to help you reach your goals. I will always be grateful towards them!"- Erin Klein, EXPAND Intern, spring 2022