New! Paid certification training for lifeguards
Interested in working for Boulder as a lifeguard, but don’t have your certification yet? No problem! Here are the steps to successfully become a superhero lifeguard:
- Apply online
- Complete a swim test, which will be a part of your interview.
- If you pass the swim test, we’ll pay for your certification class and your time in the class.
- Pass the class and an additional swim test
- You’re now a lifeguard!
After you apply, we'll contact you about completing the certification class.
Earn $12.56 – $34/hour (based on position and experience) with flexible hours. Get paid to learn recreation, eco-park care, job and leadership skills! We’re seeking positive, reliable youth and adults (ages 14+) for seasonal and hourly positions.
Choose from jobs with:
- Health & Wellness (personal trainers)
- Rec center child care
- Sports leagues + programs
- Parks (eco + sustainable care)
- Pools and Reservoir
- Recreation Centers
- Youth Services
- EXPAND (serving people with disabilities)
A perk of the job? All seasonal/part-time employees can get a six-month all-facility recreation pass for only $5!