Maybe your mom, dad or other family member suggested you get a job for the summer.
You see all the hiring signs out there and it seems like there are tons of options. But which job is right for you? And would they hire you, if you’re 14, 15 or 16 years-old? At Boulder’s Parks and Recreation Department, the answer is yes, we have jobs for you!
We’re hiring hundreds of community members to fill our open seasonal positions where you can be a fun maker, memory maker, and splash maker! Here are the positions we have open listed according to the minimum age for the job.
- Childcare Attendant (Application coming soon).
- Gymnastics – Youth Movement Instructor I
- Jr. Ranger Crew Member
- Ninja Instructor I
- Lifeguard. (According to the Red Cross, lifeguards must be 15 years-old on the last day of the lifeguard certification class).
- Water Attraction Attendant. (This position helps people at water amenities, like the large slide at Scott Carpenter Pool).
- Senior Lifeguard at the Boulder Reservoir
- Cashier (Recreation Member Service Representative I). (The minimum age for the cashier position is normally 16 due to cash handling, but we may accept a limited number of 15 year-olds on case-by-case basis).
- Golf Groundskeeper. (Driver’s license required)
- Guest Services Representative/Cashier at Boulder Reservoir
- Park Crew Member (Boulder Reservoir) (Driver’s license required)
- Camp and Program Staff/Recreation Program Assistant
- Golf Services Attendant/Recreation Member Service Representative
- Landscape Crew Member at Valmont City Park
- Senior Cashier (Recreation Member Service Representative II)
- Camp and Program Staff II
- Ninja Instructor II
- Gymnastics Instructor II
- Reservoir lake patrol
- Recreation Member Service Representative III
- Reservoir boat inspectors
We have additional position open with a minimum age of 18, such as sports officials, head lifeguards, and sports field monitors.
See all our open positions at BPRjobs.org and apply today!