- RTD Access
Nature area and pond adjacent to the Boulder Creek at 9th Street between Arapahoe and Canyon.
Fishing Pond Information
Originally an old University of Colorado gravel pit, this area was redeveloped into a children's fishing pond in 1949 by the Boulder Fish and Game Club. The club stocks the pond with fish and volunteers to provide maintenance. They stock approximately three thousand fish each year from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Evert Pierson Kids’ Fishing Pond Regulations
- The pond is for use by children ages 12 and under only.
- Limit of three fish per child per day.
- Limit of one fishing rod per child.
- Child must attend, hold and control pole at all times.
- Bring your own fishing pole and bait.
- No overhead casting on the north bank.
- Do not feed the wildlife.
- No rafting or swimming.
- Ice is unsafe.
- All state laws apply.
- Have fun!