Howard Heuston Park is a neighborhood park featuring a playground, skate park area, basketball court and off-leash dog area. Slacklining is allowed.
Off-leash Dog Area - Voice and Sight Tag required
Summary of Off-leash Dog Area Rules
- It is your responsibility to know all rules and regulations concerning the off-leash dog area.
- Lack of responsible dog or guardian behavior may result in a summons being issued.
- Dogs must be on-leash in the park outside of the designated off-leash dog area
- Only people who have registered with the city's Voice and sight Tag Program may have a dog off-leash in the off-leash dog area.
- Voice and Sight Tag must be visibly displayed on each dog that is off-leash.
- Voice and Sight includes the requirement that your dog must respond immediately to your command. If you command your dog to come and stay with you, the dog must obey immediately regardless of any temptations or distractions.
- All dogs must be currently vaccinated and display a City of Boulder dog license or current ID and rabies vaccination tag.
- Dog guardian must have, in their possession, a leash for each dog in a condition to be attached to the dog without delay.
- No more than 2 dogs simultaneously off-leash allowed per dog guardian.
- No charging, chasing, harassing or otherwise displaying aggression toward any person, dog or wildlife is allowed.
- Dog guardians must immediately remove and dispose of their pet's excrement.
- Be aware of park property boundary and respectful to neighbors by keeping your dog within off-leash area.
More information on the Voice and Sight Tag Program.
To report animal protection issues, please call 303-441-3333.