Frequently Asked Questions

Parking tickets and traffic tickets that are marked “Pay and Close” are eligible to be paid online. Please visit Pay Ticket Online or call 303-441-1810 to pay over the phone.

Prosecutors cannot change your court date. Please call the court at 303-441-1841.

Please call 303-441-3030 to schedule a time to appear before a judge. The court may be able to quash (remove) your warrant, depending on the facts and circumstances of your case.

If you received a subpoena, please return it to our office indicating your availability. A prosecutor should be reaching out to you to talk about the case. If you have not heard from a prosecutor or have questions, please do not hesitate to call 303-441-3025.

If your income falls below a certain level, you may qualify for a court appointed attorney. At your first court appearance, please inform the judge as early as possible if you would like to have a court appointed attorney.

When you come to court, you can talk to the judge about the process of sealing your record. If you qualify to have your record sealed, there is an administrative fee set by the court. The court cannot offer legal advice on record sealing.

Our office will mail you a form requesting a summary of out of pocket expenses incurred as a result of the crime in which you were a victim. Please save all bills and receipts because we may need to show the court a complete record of your expenses. There is no guarantee you will receive restitution. The city is not responsible for providing restitution. If restitution is ordered by the court, it is provided by the defendant in your case. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call 303-441-3025.

You may not request to speak to a prosecutor until you have seen a judge for your arraignment. If you have seen a judge and been informed of your charge(s) and rights, then please call 303-441-3025. A prosecutor may or may not be available to speak with you. If a prosecutor is unavailable, you may set your case for a Pre-Trial Conference (PTC). At a PTC, you will have the opportunity to meet with a prosecutor in person or discuss your case over the phone.

After you have seen a judge and been informed of your rights and charge(s), you may request to speak with a prosecutor. He or she will meet with you to talk about the city’s position on your case. There is no guarantee your charges will be dropped. Your opportunity to contest your case is at a trial.

Please email with your name, your relationship to the case (defendant, victim or witness), case number, and type of discovery requested. We can provide copies of tickets, reports and video evidence if it is available. We will contact you with information regarding when your discovery is ready.

If we were not able to answer your questions here, please visit the Municipal Court’s FAQs