Boulder Parks and Recreation Department (BPR) facilities are shifting into Fall/Winter mode, which means a shift in the hours of operation.
Operating hours are based upon available resources (both financial and human), utilization trends, and weather. All operations are subject to change due to staffing and COVID-19 impacts.
To support the safety of all the community members, including children who are not eligible for vaccination, Boulder County Public Health requires participants and staff, ages 2 and older to wear masks while indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
Swimming operational hours reduced due to ongoing lifeguard shortage
The Boulder Parks and Recreation (BPR) Department offered many opportunities for the community to come swim and play this summer. However, due to the ongoing lifeguard shortage, the department has had to adjust operating hours at city pools.
- Vulnerable population swim times are now:
- NBRC – Monday-Friday 10 a.m. to noon.
- EBCC – Monday-Thursday 1-3 pm. and Friday 1-2 p.m.
Swim facilities and hours of operation going forward will be:
BPR constantly evaluates staffing levels and will make adjustments as needed.
- Lap lanes – Monday-Friday – 6 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Drop slide and diving board – Saturday and Sunday – 1-4 p.m.
- Leisure Pool – Monday-Friday – 4:30-7:30 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Lap lanes – Monday-Friday – 6 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Leisure pool - Monday-Friday: 4:30-7:30 p.m. and Saturday - Sunday: 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Limited lap swimming is available during the following times: Monday and Wednesday - 6-7 p.m. - 2 lanes, Friday - 4:30-7 p.m. - 6 lanes
- The hot tub and sauna will remain closed.
Facility operations adjustments
- Reservoir after Labor Day through Oct. 17
- Open 7 days a week - 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Entrance fee will be $5 per person or $10 per car.
- Swim area is closed for the season.
- The first and last tee times will be adjusted based on the weather and sunrise/sunset times.
Thanks for your understanding as we make service adjustments to BPR operations and increase service levels when possible to support the wide range of needs, interests and values represented in the Boulder community.