We now offer our full suite of services virtually. Limited in-person services are available at the customer service hub located on the first floor of 1101 Arapahoe Ave. Please see How to Connect with Planning & Development Services to learn about the best ways to connect with staff.
We are working to implement an updated and more efficient application process. Some applications will now be available through the Customer Self-Service Portal (CSS) to submit online, and we will be adding more in the months to come.
Current Service Delivery Timing
- Permit Processing
- Single Trade Online Submittals: 1 business day
- Full Review
- Case number assignment and initial completeness check: 11 business days
- CSS attachment submittal: 11 business days
- Permit Review:
New Construction Permits: 9 weeks
Other Scopes of Work: 6 weeks
- Inspections: 2 days out
- Development Review and Plan Case: We are experiencing a heavy submittal volume – you may experience delays.
- Inquiry Responses: 8 business days
Contractor Licensing: 1-2 business days
Rental Licensing: 1-2 business days
Tips for a successful submittal
- Have your materials prepared by someone familiar with Boulder’s regulations
- Refer to application checklists and guides in the Applications & Forms Database
- Incomplete application materials will result in delays