Now recruiting! Learn more about joining the Health Equity Advisory Committee and Apply Below.
Committee members provide technical and professional expertise and lived experience to assist with the allocation of funding for the most effective ways to address health equity and chronic disease associated with sugary drink consumption. Specifically, the committee’s purpose is to:
- Help define desired outcomes and key indicators that should be tracked to measure success;
- Provide recommendations on what existing city and community programs could be expanded with additional funding;
- Provide recommendations on what existing and new city and community programs could be funded in future years; and
- Provide input on effective strategies and programs to engage residents most affected by health disparities and lack of access to health services.
The City of Boulder’s Health Equity Advisory Committee (HEAC) is a nine-member committee appointed by the city manager to review Health Equity Fund proposals and make recommendations to staff and the city manager for programmatic funding. The role of the committee is advisory and technical, not political in nature, and members do not serve in an advocacy role for either agencies or issues.
- Catherine Bryan, Senior Program Officer, First Nations Development Institute
- Ravi Goyal, Mathematica Policy Research; Harvard School of Public Health
- Tracy Kirkland, Sociology Instructor, University of Colorado - Boulder
- Ann Loeffler, Abt Associates
|Date||Meeting Materials||Meeting Summary|
|June 28, 2017||June 28 HEAC Agenda||June 28 HEAC Meeting Summary|
|July 19 & 20, 2017||July 19 HEAC Agenda||July 19 & 20 HEAC Meeting Summary|
|July 31, 2017||July 31 HEAC Agenda||July 31 HEAC Meeting Summary|
|Aug. 30, 2017||August 30 HEAC Agenda||August 30 HEAC Meeting Summary|
|Oct. 18 & 19, 2017||October 18 & 19 HEAC Agenda||October 18 & 19 HEAC Meeting Summary|
|March 13, 2018||March 13 HEAC Agenda||March 13 HEAC Meeting Summary|
|May 17, 2018||May 17 HEAC Agenda||May 17 HEAC Meeting Summary|
|July 12, 2018||July 12 HEAC Agenda||July 12 HEAC Meeting Summary|
|Oct. 2 &3, 2018||October HEAC Agenda||October 2 & 3 HEAC Meeting Summary|
|March 14, 2019||March 14 HEAC Agenda|
|October 4, 5 and 12, 2019||October 4, 5 and 12 HEAC Agenda|
|Oct. 12, 16, 19, and 20, 2020||HEAC Oct. 2020 Deliberation Meeting Agenda|
Apply for the HEAC
How It Works
- Applications for the HEAC are accepted on a rolling basis.
- The term is two years.
- Spanish Application Form - To apply for the HEAC in Spanish, visit the Spanish language Health Equity Advisory Committee Application.
- English Application Form - To apply for the HEAC in English, visit the English language Health Equity Advisory Committee Application.