Assistance for properties in Boulder older than 50 years and City of Boulder Landmarks.
We are here to help answer your questions about properties in Boulder that are older than 50 years old or are designated as City of Boulder Landmarks. We can provide feedback on the Guidelines for Individual Landmarks and Historic Districts and direct you to the correct process for your project. This includes:
- Refer to the Map of Historic Districts & Landmarks to find out if your property is an individual landmark or in a historic district;
- Landmark Alteration Certificates (LAC), required for all exterior work on a property in a historic district or locally landmarked;
- Individual Landmark Designation of your property;
- Historic Preservation Demolition Review for projects that meet the definition of demolition as defined in Section 9-16 of the Boulder Revised Code, 1981 on non-designated properties older than 50 years old;
- State Income Tax Credit applications for individual landmarks and contributing buildings within a historic district;
- All Historic Preservation application forms and instructions are available online.
If you have questions, we are available to meet with you.