Community members are invited to share feedback on key agreement topics
On July 12, the City of Boulder and the University of Colorado Boulder released a draft annexation agreement for the CU Boulder South property. The city has also released an overview of the draft annexation agreement to summarize key agreement topics.
Community members are invited to share feedback on key agreement topics via a BeHeardBoulder questionnaire, open through Aug. 13. The city has scheduled additional community briefing and listening sessions on Aug. 9 and Aug. 26. More information about the upcoming sessions, a sign-up to speak form and a link to the meeting can be found on the project webpage. These meetings will be recorded and posted online for those unable to attend.
Community engagement opportunities and key dates include:
- Aug. 9, 2:30 to 4:30p.m., Community Briefing and Listening Session.
- Aug. 10, City Council, resolution and first reading.
- Aug. 26, 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., Community Briefing and Listening Session.
- Sept. 14, City Council, public hearing and second reading. Please see the City Council webpage to learn how to sign-up to speak.
- Sept. 21, City Council, deliberation.
- Oct. 5, City Council, third reading (if needed).
The dates and format of the sessions are subject to change. Please refer to the project webpage for the latest information.
City staff and the University of Colorado are working to incorporate input from Planning Board, following their thoughtful and productive discussion on July 29, into a revised annexation agreement. As public feedback and input from boards is received, minor revisions to the draft agreement will be made. The revised versions will be available on the project webpage.
For more information, visit the CU Boulder South Annexation project webpage or the South Boulder Creek Flood Mitigation Project webpage.