Maybe your mom, dad or other family member suggested you get a job for the summer.
You see all the hiring signs out there and it seems like there are tons of options. But which job is right for you? And would they hire you, if you’re 14, 15 or 16 years old? At Boulder’s Parks and Recreation Department (BPR), the answer is yes, we have jobs for you!
We’re hiring hundreds of community members to fill our open seasonal positions where you can help the community, work with your friends, and get paid to play! Here are the positions we have open listed according to the minimum age for the job.
- Recreation Member Service Representative/Cashier. (The minimum age for the cashier position is normally 15 due to cash handling, but we are accepting a limited number of 14 year-olds to work our fast-pass station at Scott Carpenter Pool that doesn't handle cash).
- Childcare Attendant
- Gymnastics – Youth Movement Instructor
- Lifeguard. (According to the Red Cross, lifeguards must be 15 years-old on the last day of the lifeguard certification class).
- Camp and Program Staff/Recreation Program Assistant
- Golf Services Attendant/Recreation Member Service Representative
We have additional position open with a minimum age of 18, such as childcare lead, sports officials, head lifeguards, Reservoir boat inspectors, and sports field monitors.
See all our open positions at BPRjobs.org and apply today!