File a Report Online
If you have an EMERGENCY, call 911. DO NOT use this report for emergencies.
Welcome to the Boulder Police Department Community Online Reporting System. Using this online system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy for free. Please read all instructions before completing the form. If the crime you wish to report is not listed below, or if you have any questions, please contact the Boulder Police Department Communications Center at (303) 441-3333.
Can I Use This Report?
Please confirm the following to find out if online community police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an emergency.
- This incident occurred within the Boulder City limits.
- There is no suspect information.
If you answered yes to all of the above, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered no to any of the questions, please look at the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Steps for Using This Report
- Fill out the form as completely and accurately as possible.
- Include detailed information, such as serial number and value for lost or stolen property.
- If you need to report more than one type of crime or multiple crimes, you will need to submit a separate online form for each event.
Upon Completion of This Report
- You will see the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a temporary case number until a permanent case number is assigned.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
Reporting False Information
Reporting of any crime that is false or malicious is punishable by law. Violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. All violators will be prosecuted for filing a false police report to authorities. Police report information is public record.