Fleet Services manages equipment operations and replacements, coordinates all fleet acquisitions, repairs equipment, manages outside vendor support, and supports radio acquisition and maintenance for the city and other governmental and nonprofit groups.
The responsibilities of Fleet Services are to:
- Manage and maintain assets
- Supply parts, fuel and lubes
- Manage and administer support services
The Fleet Services workgroup consists of eight mechanics, two radio technicians, three parts specialists, a fleet assistant, the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor, and the Fleet Manager.
The Fleet services Environmental Goals include:
- Reduce vehicle miles traveled (VMT), fleet vehicle emissions and use of petroleum-based fuels
- Continue membership in the Boulder County Partners for A Clean Environment (PACE) program
- Purchase vehicles that are more fuel-efficient
- Purchase at least 90 percent of new vehicles as alternative fuel vehicles (AFVs)
- Currently, 406 of the 508 total vehicles in the city Fleet (80 percent) are classified as alternative fuel vehicles:
- 133 diesel/biodiesel, 46 gasoline/electric hybrids, 221 gasoline/ethanol and six all-electric vehicles.
- Northern Colorado Clean Cities
- Denver Metro Clean Cities Coalition
- Rocky Mountain Fleet Management Association