Purpose and Role
The committee is a result of the No Evictions Without Representation ballot measure passed by voters in November 2020.
Committee members will share their experiences as renters in the City of Boulder to advise the implementation of the Eviction Prevention and Rental Assistance Services (EPRAS) program within the context of residential housing. Specifically, the committee's purpose is to:
- Provide input on effective strategies and programs to engage residents most affected by inequities in rental housing disparities.
- Assist with community outreach efforts to ensure tenants facing eviction have access to EPRAS services.
- Provide recommendations on what existing city and community programs could be expanded with additional funding or funded in future years.
- Help to ensure that the ordinance is being carried out as intended.
- Help define desired outcomes and key indicators that should be tracked to measure success.
Meetings are open to the public and includes time for public comment. Currently meetings are virtual and the link to attend is posted on the morning of the meeting.
A 5-person tenant committee helps to ensure that the long-term rental tax is being carried out as intended, provide recommendations and input about rental assistance programs and assist with community outreach efforts to ensure tenants facing eviction have access to EPRAS services.