Many local organizations are directly helping our community by offering assistance to community members experiencing financial challenges. Click on an organization below to learn what support options are available or to offer a donation.
- American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA): If you have been (or currently are) unable to pay your City of Boulder water bill due to financial hardships due to COVID-19, you may be able to receive ARPA funding assistance to pay your bill. Priority will be given to residential utility customers. The application period is currently OPEN. Contact the Utility Billing Office at 303-441-3260 with questions.
- Food Tax Rebate Program: Each year, the City of Boulder provides rebates to help residents with lower incomes for the city sales tax they pay on food.
- City of Boulder Eviction Prevention and Rental Assistance Services Program (EPRAS): Tenants in Boulder County facing or worried about an eviction can reach out to EPRAS here to find out about eviction prevention services including mediation, legal services and rental assistance. EPRAS staff will work with tenants to identify what services may help prevent an eviction and can provide emergency rental assistance to City of Boulder tenants.
- Colorado Low Income Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP): LIHWAP was created to provide a benefit to qualifying household to help reconnect their disconnected drinking water or waste/sewer services, or help the household if facing disconnection with their drinking water and waste/sewer services, or if they have a past due amount with their drinking water and waste/sewer services. Funds are limited and are on a first come first serve basis. Applications are accepted from Nov. 1 to May 15 each year.
- Community Food Share: Aims to eliminate hunger in Boulder and Broomfield Counties through engagement, collaboration, and leadership.
- El Centro AMISTAD: Creates opportunities and programs that promote health equity, education, and quality of life for the Latino community in Boulder County.
- Emergency Family Assistance Association (EFAA): Provides stabilizing services, innovative programs, and transformative advocacy to strengthen families and create a thriving community.
- Jewish Family Service (Emergency Assistance Program): JFS Boulder provides limited financial aid and case management to individuals and families at-risk of homelessness in Boulder. JFS of Colorado offers virtual services including employment services, mental health, and housing stability.