New for 2018
Budget Frequently Asked Questions
Visit here for a list of the most frequently asked questions about the City of Boulder's budget.
2018 Budget in Brief
Check out our new 2018 Budget in Brief Learn information about the city, along with information about the budget process, revenues, expenditures, and city programs and services in a summary format.
Try out our participatory budgeting tool, Balancing Act. Show us how you would develop the 2018 Budget.
The Budget Division is one of the seven Finance divisions at the City of Boulder. Our job is to:
- Coordinate citywide operating budget development activities
- Collaborate with the Planning, Housing and Sustainability Department and stakeholders to create the Capital Improvement Program (CIP)
- Provide budgetary support and guidance to city departments
- Perform budgetary forecasting and analysis
- Engage in long-range financial planning
- Perform policy analysis at the request of the City Manager.