2020 Approved Budget (Operating and Capital)
The City Manager is pleased to present the 2020 Approved Budget . As an improvement to the budget document, the 2020 Approved Budget combines both the operating budget and capital improvement program into one document. For summarized information, review the 2020 Budget in Brief .
For more information on the 2020-2025 Capital Improvement Program, click here.
Budget Frequently Asked Questions
- Visit here for a list of the most frequently asked questions about the City of Boulder's budget.
Sustainability + Resilience Framework
- This framework guides budgeting and planning processes by providing consistent goals necessary to achieve Boulder’s vision of a great community and the actions required to achieve them.
The Budget Division is one of seven divisions in the Finance Department at the City of Boulder. Our job is to:
- Coordinate citywide operating budget development activities
- Collaborate with the Planning, Housing and Sustainability Department and stakeholders to create the Capital Improvement Program (CIP)
- Provide budgetary support and guidance to city departments
- Perform budgetary forecasting and analysis
- Engage in long-range financial planning
- Perform policy analysis at the request of the City Manager.