**2019 Recommended Budget and Draft 2019-2024 Capital Improvement Program**
The City Manager is pleased to present the 2019 Recommended Budget and the Draft 2019-2024 Capital Improvement Program . The Council Study Session to address both of these items will be held on September 11, 2018 at 6 p.m. in Council Chambers. Please read the study session memo for more detail.
NEW - Balancing Act
Try out our participatory budgeting tool, Balancing Act. Show us how you would balance the 2019 General Fund Ongoing Recommended Budget.
Budget Frequently Asked Questions
Visit here for a list of the most frequently asked questions about the City of Boulder's budget.
2018 Budget in Brief
Check out our new 2018 Budget in Brief Learn information about the city, along with information about the budget process, revenues, expenditures, and city programs and services in a summary format.
The Budget Division is one of seven divisions in the Finance Department at the City of Boulder. Our job is to:
- Coordinate citywide operating budget development activities
- Collaborate with the Planning, Housing and Sustainability Department and stakeholders to create the Capital Improvement Program (CIP)
- Provide budgetary support and guidance to city departments
- Perform budgetary forecasting and analysis
- Engage in long-range financial planning
- Perform policy analysis at the request of the City Manager.