The City of Boulder welcomes your feedback. Use our Inquire Boulder customer service tool to tell us what’s on your mind.

  • Participate & Engage
  • Doing Business Over
  • Inquire Boulder
  • Explore Boulder
  • Contact City Council
  • Pending City Manager Rules
  • Featured Jobs
  • Open Data Catalog
  • Public Safety
  • Emergency Alert Sign Up
  • Online Records Access
  • Access to Public Records

2015 Election Information

2015 Election Information

Nomination Petition Period

Begins Tuesday, August 4 and ends on Monday, August 24.  There are five seats open for this election.

Complaints or Violations

Any registered elector of the City of Boulder who believes there has been a violation of the Campaign Finance Reform Initiative may file a written complaint (on Form 13-4-2) and send it to the City Clerk's Office. The completed form must identify the perceived violation of the Boulder Revised Code (B.R.C.). The City Clerk's Office will respond to the person filing the complaint within 10 days.

For more information, please contact Assistant City Clerk Heidi Leatherwood at or at 303-441-3019.

The Committee Guidelines pdf contain information regarding restricted and prohibited activities during elections.

Restrictions on Contributions in Another's Name
Potential contributors are prohibited from making a contribution in someone else's name. Candidates and committees are prohibited from knowingly accepting a contribution from one person in the name of another person (B.R.C. 13-3-4).

Restrictions on Contributions by City Contractors
Anyone who is negotiating with the City of Boulder or is under contract with the city to provide personal services, materials, supplies, equipment or for selling land or a building to the city is prohibited from making a contribution to a candidate, committee or to any person for any political purpose or use in a city election if the payment for the services, supplies, etc. is even partially appropriated by City Council. Contractors also are prohibited from promising to make such a contribution or to knowingly solicit such a contribution for someone else (B.R.C. 13-3-3).

For more information, contact the City Clerk's Office/Elections at or 303-441-3019.

To report sign code violations, call Code Enforcement at 303-441-3333.

View Full Site