Currently on the city’s online parking portal, customers may renew Neighborhood Parking Permits and Commuter Permits and may purchase or refill 20 Day Passes and Cash Passes and pay parking citations. Starting March 8, customers will also be able to apply to be on any of the city's wait lists for downtown garages and surface lots, monitor their status on that wait list and manage their permits and associated vehicles.
“We are excited to be able to provide enhanced online capabilities for our customers, especially during the challenges that COVID presents for our day-to-day lives,” said Community Vitality Customer Service Supervisor Leah Mayotte. “This new functionality will give customers more autonomy over their purchasing and renewals and readily available access to their account information. We look forward to continuing to provide excellent customer service in new and innovative ways to make your parking experience as stress-free and easy as possible.”
With the newly offered online services, customers will be able to:
- Sign up for a wait list online and monitor their wait list status for individual garages and surface lots.
- Assign license plates to permits, which will be increasingly important as the city moves toward more license plate recognition (LPR)-based enforcement and permitting. License plate based technology eliminates the need for physical permits or hangtags and is much more efficient for customers and staff to manage.
- Apply for, purchase, renew and refill permits online (Neighborhood Parking Permit, Cash Passes, 20 Day Passes, and garage and surface lot permits).
- Manage large quantities of permits (businesses/large employers) for improved permit tracking and financial reconciliation.
- Pay invoices for permits online (or continue to come into the parking and access office)
The city has approved new policies regarding the parking wait lists to foster equity and to effectively get permits to those who want them. These policies can be found on the city website about parking permits. Current permit holders or customers on the wait list are not required to take any action with the newly offered online services.
Customers must schedule an appointment for service that requires an in-person visit, which can be done online here, by emailing ParkingServices@BoulderColorado.gov, or by calling 303-413-7300.The office is staffed Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.