Information about Central Records

Central Records serves as the custodian of all files that are centrally maintained for the city.


Along with serving as the custodian of all files that are centrally maintained for the city, Central Records also provides research and copying of official actions of the city at the request of residents and city departments. The City of Boulder utilizes the Colorado Municipal Records Retention Schedule.

Types of Records Archived

City related records that Central Records keep (list is only an example and is not comprehensive):

  • Deeds (for house and property deeds, please contact Boulder County)
  • Easements
  • Contracts, Agreements, and Leases
  • Resolutions
  • Ordinances
  • Board Packets and Minutes
  • City Council Packets and Minutes
  • Open Space Acquisitions
  • Land Use documents (completed and closed projects only) such as:
    • Annexations
    • Development Agreements
    • Use Reviews

Colorado Open Records Act (CORA)

The Colorado Open Records Act requires that most public records be accessible to the public. Anyone can request information that the office possesses.

How to Request Information

Request Information

If you would like to request information, please complete the Records Request Form and email Central Records at

Police Department Records

For Police Department records, use the link below or contact: 303-441-3300.

Fire Department Records

For Fire Department records, contact: 303-441-4178.

Planning and Development Services Records

For Planning and Development Services records, contact: p&