- All persons who are ordered by the court to obtain fingerprints must have a scheduled appointment. Walk-in requests cannot be accommodated.
- Please call 303-441-3300 to make an appointment for court-ordered fingerprints.
- Please bring all necessary paperwork, including the court order and a photo ID to your scheduled appointment.
- All visitors are required to wear a face covering/mask while in the building. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided.
- Please do not bring family members, children or others with you to your fingerprint appointment.
- The Boulder Police Department is unable to do felony fingerprints - only the Boulder County Jail can provide this service.
The Police Department is committed to providing a safe environment for conducting business. We are following health guidelines and disinfecting the lobby on a regular basis. The fingerprinting area will be disinfected after each individual appointment.
Effective October 1, 2018, Boulder police will no longer be able to accommodate public fingerprinting. The Colorado Bureau of Investigations (CBI) is in the process of implementing a new, Statewide Digital Fingerprinting Process known as CABS (Colorado Applicant Background Services) in response to Senate Bill 17-189. The CBI recently awarded two contracts allowing third party vendors to print and submit non-criminal applicant fingerprints for the State. These vendor services will be located throughout the State, increasing applicants’ ability to obtain fingerprints in a timely manner. These services will also reduce the burden on Law Enforcement agencies as the vendors will electronically transmit the civil fingerprints. The processing time and rejections will decrease tremendously.