We provide the opportunity for members of our community to donate to our park system in honor of loved ones. In order to allow for a coordinated and consistent program for soliciting and recognizing contributions, we have established the following guidelines. The guidelines were developed based on research on the best practices of similar agencies nationwide, the needs and resource capabilities of the Parks and Recreation Department and the desire of residents to recognize loved ones through monetary contributions providing for specific lasting memorials.
The Parks and Recreation Department stewardship donation guidelines allow for several types of opportunities. We encourage residents to contact the department to discuss ideas for locations for donations, however final donation locations will be dependent on the needs of the department and planning processes already underway.
Donations to the City of Boulder may be tax deductible. (Please see your tax advisor.)
Donations will be accepted in the following categories:
- Living Legacy tree donations: Living memorial donations will be accepted in the form of tree plantings in city parks.
- Stewardship bench donations : Memorial bench donations will be considered within the city park system.
- General donations: Donations for general park and recreation purposes are accepted and encouraged.
- Statues, Fountains, Plazas, Gardens, etc.: Donations of statues, fountains, plazas, gardens, etc. may be accepted under specific circumstances. The Department will determine placement of all such memorials.
- Park Naming Opportunities: Naming of a park as a memorial may be submitted under the Parks and Recreation Department's Park Naming Policy.