- Requires a Home Energy Rating System (HERS) score of 120 or less.
- The HERS index will be used for the verification of energy performance.
- A HERS rating shall be performed by a rater accredited by the Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET).
Follow the Performance Pathway
Get an inspection
To find an accredited HERS inspector, visit the Home Energy Rating System (HERS) website.
If improvements are needed
If a HERS rating has revealed that a rental property is not SmartRegs compliant then you'll need to make improvements to the property until a passing score is obtained.
If your HERS rating makes your property compliant
- Make sure that your HERS rater updates your rating based on the completed improvements.
- Make sure your rental license application exhibits that SmartRegs compliance has been obtained for the rental property.