Older Adult Services
Welcome to Older Adult Services!
Our mission is to inspire and empower older adults to age well through community connection, learning, and play.
West Age Well Center – Open for individual appointments only. The West Age Well Center will continue to be closed for general purposes until further notice.
- 909 Arapahoe Ave. | 303-441-3148
Click on the image below to view the April 2021 Program Guide.
FOR ADULTS 60+
Health & Wellness
- Health and wellness seminars are currently being offered online. The ability to reopen the West Age Well Center for in-person activities will be guided by state and county health regulations, and programs will include preventive health screenings, foot care, massage, and small group fitness classes.
Lifelong Learning Opportunities
- A variety of educational classes in technology, life skills, topics on aging and creative pursuits are currently available online. Day trips are currently postponed, and will resume again when COVID-19 safety guidelines allow.
- Older Adult Services partners with Collette Travel to offer domestic and international trips. Find more information here about Collette trips scheduled in 2021 and 2022.
Volunteer Led Special Interest Groups
- A variety of volunteer led groups are currently meeting online, topics include a writing group, book club, discussion groups, creativity groups and more. Contact the Volunteer Leader listed here
- A variety of community-sponsored support groups can be found in the Let’s Age Well program guide.
Client Services and Community Resources
- Client Services Coordinators assist residents of the City of Boulder 60+ and their caregivers with referrals to community resources, counseling on available options, and financial support for eligible clients. Call 303-441-4388 English/Bilingüe.
- Our Loan Closet is now located at the Boulder Elks Lodge. More information here
Special thanks to the Boulder Seniors Foundation
- Many of our programs and services are supported through a grant from the Boulder Seniors Foundation. We invite you to go to their website to learn more about their support of Older Adult Services.
News and Announcements
Some Service offered by HHS are available remotely. Click here for details.
Click here for information about the United States 2020 Census.
Inclement Weather Information
Your safety is important to us. The City Manager, in consultation with public safety and transportation staff determines if a weather-related city closure is warranted. If the city offices close due to inclement weather, the city will post this information in a red banner on the top page of its website www.bouldercolorado.gov. Older Adult Services staff will make every attempt to let customers who have registered for programs know about the closure.