New for 2022: The Parks & Recreation Forestry lot on Pearl Parkway is now open year-round.
The South Boulder Creek West woodlot is open for the season.
Wood generated by the City of Boulder’s forest management operations is made available to contract-holding members of the public at two locations:
- OSMP South Boulder Creek West Trailhead - typically green ponderosa pine
- Parks & Recreation Forestry Lot (adjacent to free mulch pile) - primarily hardwood, may be green or dry
The wood is available on a first-come, first-served basis and supply cannot be guaranteed. Permit holders should be prepared to cut wood into a more transportable size.
To participate in the firewood program, users must:
- Review and acknowledge the terms of the 2022 contract online PDF, by clicking the 'Purchase Your Woodlot Permit' link above.
- Pay the $15 administrative fee by credit card online (a $1.00 surcharge will be added). At this time, the Open Space & Mountain Parks administrative office remains closed to the public.
Once the above requirements are met, contract holders will receive a confirmation email with the gate access code to both woodlot locations. The contract allows users to access and collect firewood during the following hours:
OSMP South Boulder Creek West Trailhead (open April 1 through November 30):
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays 10 am to 5 pm
- Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm
- These hours and dates are limited to avoid noise and impacts to surrounding neighbors
Parks & Recreation Forestry Lot (open year-round):
- Monday through Friday 8am to 4pm
- Saturdays from 9am to 2pm
While a parking permit is NOT required inside the woodlot area while collecting firewood, all motor vehicles not registered in Boulder County must have either a daily or an annual parking permit to park at the South Boulder Creek West trailhead parking lot.