South Boulder Creek West: 17 loads were dropped off last week (11/15). No additional deliveries will be made to this location. The woodlot will close for the season at 5pm on Tuesday, November 30.
Wood generated by the City of Boulder’s forest management operations is made available to contract-holding members of the public at two locations:
- OSMP South Boulder Creek West Trailhead - typically green ponderosa pine
- Parks & Recreation Forestry Lot (adjacent to free mulch pile) - primarily hardwood, may be green or dry
The wood is available on a first-come, first-served basis and supply cannot be guaranteed. Permit holders should be prepared to cut wood into a more transportable size.
To participate in the firewood program, users must:
- Review and acknowledge the terms of the 2021 contract online, by clicking the 'Purchase Your Woodlot Permit' link above.
- Pay the $15 administrative fee by credit card online (a $1.00 surcharge will be added). At this time, the Open Space & Mountain Parks administrative office remains closed to the public.
Once the above requirements are met, contract holders will receive a confirmation email with the gate access code to both woodlot locations. The contract allows users to access and collect firewood during the following hours:
OSMP South Boulder Creek West Trailhead (open April 1 through November 30):
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays 10 am to 5 pm
- Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm
- These hours and dates are limited to avoid noise and impacts to surrounding neighbors
Parks & Recreation Forestry Lot (open April 1 through December 31):
- Monday through Friday 8am to 4pm
- Saturdays from 9am to 2pm
While a parking permit is NOT required inside the woodlot area while collecting firewood, all motor vehicles not registered in Boulder County must have either a daily or an annual parking permit to park at the South Boulder Creek West trailhead parking lot.