City of Boulder Open Space and Mountain Parks (OSMP) invites the community to a virtual meeting on Monday, Dec. 11, to hear updates on city prairie dog conservation and management. The online meeting will be held from 6 to 7:30 p.m. A meeting link will be available on this webpage.
During the meeting, OSMP staff will provide information on a variety of topics related to prairie dogs and their management on OSMP land, including:
- Conservation status and current prairie dog populations on OSMP land
- Update on implementation of Prairie Dog Working Group Recommendations
- Completed 2023 prairie dog management, including relocation and lethal control.
- Proposed 2024 plans for prairie dog management on OSMP.
- Planned modifications to management of conflicts between irrigated agricultural land and prairie dogs.
- Irrigated agricultural and water infrastructure improvement and restoration.
Ahead of the meeting, OSMP staff will post presentations covering the information to be discussed at the meeting on this webpage.
Staff will answer questions from the community both during the meeting, as time allows, and in written form following the meeting on this webpage. Community members can submit questions during the meeting and questions or comments on planned 2024 management for one week following it. Please send comments or questions to: OSMPInput@bouldercolorado.gov between Tuesday, Dec. 12, and Tuesday, Dec. 19.
Visit our main webpage to learn more about conservation and management on OSMP-managed lands. Sign up for email notifications about OSMP prairie dog management meetings and updates.