IMPORTANT UPDATE: THE DEADLINE FOR PROPOSALS HAS BEEN EXTENDED ONE WEEK; PROPOSALS ARE NOW DUE JAN 14, 2022.
- Request for proposals issued: Nov 8, 2021
- Proposal deadline: Jan 14, 2022 (The original deadline of Jan 7, 2022 was extended one week to Jan 14, 2022 due to the Marshall Fire)
- Award notifications: Feb 22, 2022
- Priority Topics: Proposals will be reviewed on a competitive basis, with preference given to proposals that address Priority Project Topics. However, all proposals will be considered based on their merits.
- Budget: The maximum award amount is capped at $10,000. Details on allowable expenses can be found in the budget worksheet. Overhead costs should not exceed 15 percent of the total grant award except in rare circumstances. Funding commitments are limited to an annual basis, but multi-year projects are encouraged, especially for studies in which year-to-year variation may influence results.
- Proposal Format: Proposals must follow the format guidelines exactly.
- On-going Projects: Project extensions will be considered, but the proposal must be for work that is above and beyond the scope of previously funded work (i.e., not just a proposal to complete the uncompleted work scoped previously).
- Multiple Proposals: A single PI may submit multiple proposals.
- Information Sharing: OSMP reserves the right to acquire and share with other researchers any grant-related intellectual property/work products, such as datasets, field protocols/manuals, and reports. Proposals received may be shared on our webpage, whether they are funded or not.
- Where to Submit: Submit proposals to email@example.com.
- Unfunded Research: Proposals that do not require OSMP funding may be submitted through our unfunded research program.
- Interagency Grants: OSMP, Boulder County Parks and Open Space (BCPOS) and the City of Longmont will consider proposals for research that cross their land boundaries. See our interagency proposal instructions for more information. Note, Jefferson County Open Space will not be participating in 2022.