CWG Purpose and Goals
The purpose of the CWG is to provide input and recommendations to the project team to support the community conversation effort. The CWG will collaborate with the project team to develop a range of scenarios for the future of the airport site. The CWG will be mindful of FAA obligations, including preserving and enhancing safety.
The CWG will collaborate with the project team to:
- Understand the Existing Conditions: The group will discuss the current conditions of the airport site, the ongoing operations at the airport, FAA obligations and its role in the community.
- Understand the Community’s Vision for the Airport: The group will discuss goals and aspirations for the future of the airport site and incorporate community member feedback from a variety of engagement venues.
- Inform Community Priorities for the Airport: The group will help inform and evaluate a range of scenarios (short- and long-term) that are mindful of safety and FAA obligations. The group will provide feedback and input from each person’s perspective
and lived experience and incorporate community member feedback.
Meeting 1: March 14
- Submit a public comment by March 13 at noon
- CWG Draft Charter March 3, 2023 PDF
- Airport Fact Sheet PDF
- Interview Summary PDF
- Planning Document Summary PDF
- January 12 City Council Memo
- January 12 City Council Presentation PDF
- Voluntary Noise Abatement Procedures and Traffic Patterns PDF
Meeting summary and recordings
- CWG 1 Meeting Summary PDF
- Meeting Introductions Audio Recording
- Meeting Wrap-up Audio Recording
- Airport Data Audio Recording