Open Space Parking Permits and Fees
Parking Fee Areas
All park visitors whose motor vehicles are not registered in Boulder County must possess either a daily or annual permit to park on Flagstaff Mountain, in Gregory Canyon, or at Doudy Draw, Flatirons Vista, Greenbelt Plateau, Marshall Mesa, South Boulder Creek West and South Mesa Trailheads.
Annual permits can be purchased online. Annual permits are good for one year after their purchase date. One permit is required for each vehicle and is issued to a specific license plate number. Permit is not transferrable between vehicles. The confirmation email you receive after purchasing a parking permit will show the date of purchase. Permits expire one calendar year after purchase, at which point you will receive an email reminding you to renew your expired permit. If you no longer have that email, please call our administration office at 303-441-3440.
Annual permits, good for all fee locations on Flagstaff Mountain and six OSMP trailheads south of Boulder, are $25 and are non-refundable. There is a $1.50, non-City of Boulder service charge for online transactions.
Please note: You do not need to display a permit when parking in one of the OSMP lots because your license plate is registered in the permitting system. If your license plate number changes within one year of purchasing your permit, please call our administration office at 303-441-3440 to register your new plate number.
Daily Permits may be purchased for $5 each at the parking areas below.
- Any one of six self-service stations located on Flagstaff Mountain:
- Gregory Canyon - Base of Flagstaff Road
- Panorama Point - 1.0 miles up Flagstaff Road
- Crown Rock - 2.2 miles up Flagstaff Road
- Realization Point - 3.4 miles up Flagstaff Road
- Flagstaff Summit - 0.5 miles up Flagstaff Summit Road from Realization Point
- Lost Gulch Overlook - 4.3 miles up Flagstaff Road
- Any of the southern trailheads included in the parking fee system:
- Doudy Draw Trailhead
- Flatirons Vista Trailhead
- Greenbelt Plateau Trailhead
- Marshall Mesa Trailhead
- South Boulder Creek West Trailhead
- South Mesa Trailhead
For those with Flagstaff Facility Reservations:
Applicants of reservations for the Flagstaff Summit Shelters or the Halfway House may either have attendees purchase daily permits at self-service stations provided or may pre-purchase daily permits at the Open Space and Mountain Parks administrative office.
(Note: Annual and pre-purchased daily permits are non-refundable.)