Permits that allow a vehicle to park in a Neighborhood Parking Permit (NPP) zone beyond the posted restriction are available to residents, visitors, employees and commuters. Each zone is color-coded. Vehicles with permits are exempted from posted parking restrictions.
Permits are available as follows:
- Residents who live in a Neighborhood Parking Permit zone may purchase up to two resident permits for each vehicle registered in their name at a cost of $40 each per year. With the purchase of a resident permit, each household* is eligible to purchase up to two visitor permits for $5 per permit (*Restrictions may apply). Visitor permits are issued once annually. Please make sure you keep track of them as they cannot be replaced until the zone's next renewal.
- Residential Guest Permits Residents who live in a Neighborhood Parking Permit zone are eligible for up to two, two-week guest permits per year. Each additional guest permit will be addressed on a case-by-case basis and will have an associated cost.
- Businesses with addresses located within one of the 12 residential NPP zones may purchase up to three business permits for use by its employees for $75 each year. Large businesses with addresses located in an NPP zone may apply for additional employee parking permits.
- Mobile Vendor Permits are eligible to mobile businesses that service customers within currently established NPP zones. Businesses must operate within Boulder County and be able to provide proof of mobile services. (For example: landscapers, cleaning services, etc.)
- Non-resident commuter permits are available on a limited basis and are specific to one neighborhood parking zone block. A commuter parking permit costs $110 per quarter. More information on the first-come, first-served process.