- Funded Research Program
- Research, Collection, and Field-Course Permit Applications
- OSMP Drone Use for Research Application
Access and Explore Data
- City of Boulder Open Data Catalog
- 2016-2017 Visitation Estimate Data Explorer
- 2018 Undesignated Trails and Roads Story Map
Peer-Reviewed Publications of Research Conducted on OSMP Property Since 2019 (by staff or independent researchers)
- Wilkins et al. 2021. Promises and pitfalls of using computer vision to make inferences about landscape preferences: Evidence from an urban-proximate park system. Landscape and Urban Planning. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landurbplan.2021.104315.
- Anacker et al. 2021. Soil carbon and plant richness relationships differ among grassland types, disturbance history and plant functional groups. Oecologia 196: 1153-1166
- Adams. 2021. Do black-trailed prairie dog colonies attract foraging bats? Journal of Zoology 315: 156-163
- Lewis et al. 2021. Human activity influences wildlife populations and activity patterns: implications for spatial and temporal refuges. Ecosphere 12:e03487
- Wynveen et al. 2021. Research Note: Adherence to physical distancing guidelines on urban recreational trails during a pandemic. Journal of Park and Recreation Administration.
- Hoffman et al. 2020. Genetic and functional variation across regional and local scales is associated with climate in a foundational prairie grass: Blue grama study is associated with climate in a foundational prairie grass. New Phytologist 227: 352-364.
- Bahadur et al. 2020. Livestock grazing is associated with seasonal reduction in pollinator biodiversity and functional dispersion but cheatgrass invasion is not: Variation in bee assemblages in a multi-use shortgrass prairie. Plos One.
- Covy et al. 2020. Cliff-Dwelling Bird Species Show Variable Behavioral Responses to Rock Climbing. Natural Areas Journal.
- Davis et al. 2020. Effects of fire and thinning disturbances on biodiversity of wild bee communities in the Front Range of Colorado. BCPOS.
- Ferraro D et al. 2020. The phantom chorus: birdsong boosts human well-being in protected areas. Proceedings of the Royal Society B.
- Haworth et al. 2020. Native fish loss in a transition-zone stream following century-long habitat alterations and nonnative species introductions. Western North American Naturalist.
- Heindel et al. 2020. Atmospheric dust deposition varies by season and elevation in the Colorado Front Range, USA. JGR Earth Science.
- Prinster et al. 2020. Weather variation affects the dispersal of grasshoppers beyond their elevational ranges. Ecology and Evolution.
- Covy et al. 2019. Rock climbing activity and physical habitat attributes impact avian community diversity in cliff environments. PLoS ONE
- Rice et al. 2019. Detailing an Approach for Cost-Effective Visitor-Use Monitoring Using Crowdsourced Activity Data. Journal of Park and Recreation Administration.
- Rodman et al. 2019. Wildfire activity and land use drove 20th-century changes in forest cover in the Colorado front range. Ecosphere.
- Romo et al. 2019. Dog owners’ perceptions and behaviors related to the disposal of pet waste in City of Boulder Open Space and Mountain Parks. Journal of Park and Recreation Administration.