Boat permit info 2023
- Small water craft season permits have sold out for 2023, but weekday permits are still available.
- New powerboat and sailboat applications are closed.
- Questions or concerns? Email email@example.com for assistance.
Starting your season at the Boulder Reservoir
Stop by the Boat Inspector to have your 2023 permit applied to your watercraft!
- All watercraft, including but not limited to powerboats, sailboats, and small watercraft, require and annual permit.
- Once you have your permit, be sure to read through all of our rules, regulations and policies, which are link at the bottom of this page.
- Access is not included with your permit or storage. You need to purchase some type of membership pass, punch passes, or pay the daily entry fee from April 1 - October 31. New this year: the Res Only pass!
- Boater Welcome Open House @ Main Building on April 22 from 2 - 4 p.m. Come meet the Reservoir management staff and boat inspectors, and have your permit sticker applied.
Power and Sailboat Permits
Applications for new boaters are now closed!
- No new applications will be accepted until February 2024; we do not accept applications at any other time. Permits are sold based on availability.
- We will not be accepting applications for any Class 5 powerboats, and no new class 5 permits will be issued. Only renewals will be allowed for class 5 boats, for the existing boat. Class 5 permits include pontoon boats, house boats, cabin cruisers and boats with ballasts (including removable ballasts). Please see ANS protocol for further definition of a Class 5 watercraft.
- The use of personal water craft such as jet skis, e-foils and jet boards is prohibited at the Boulder Reservoir. Jet skis are only used by water safety staff.
Small Craft Permits
Any and all small craft used at the Boulder Reservoir must have an annual permit. Small craft permits (non-motorized craft used outside the swim area: canoes, kayaks, SUP - inflatable or standard, kite boards, etc.) are available for purchase online. Season permits have sold out for 2023, however weekday permits are still available.
Demand for small watercraft permits is extremely high.
Permit stickers will be applied directly to your watercraft by the boat inspector when you first bring your watercraft to the Reservoir for use. Permit stickers will be at the Reservoir, April 1st, under the name used to purchase permits. Please bring your watercraft with you as we will not give out permit sticker(s).