Join the "Let's Tidy Up Boulder" Litterati Challenge from August 15 to November 1!
Use Code: "TUB2021" to join the challenge. Challenge participants will be put in a drawing for a $100 Downtown Boulder gift card!
Follow the steps below to set up a safe and impactful litter pick up.
How to Get Started
Decide where to go
Clean city-owned parks, bike paths, and natural areas help keep our city beautiful. We have identified areas in need of clean up where volunteers are permitted to pick up litter. Choose a point on the map below to start your clean up before you start!
Watch the safety video
Pack your bag
Bring the following items on your clean up:
- Sturdy garden gloves
- Closed-toed shoes
- Bug repellent
- Reusable water bottle
- Trash bag
- Trash grabber
- Hand sanitizer
- Wash your gloves and hands in hot water and soap after picking up trash.
- Use a plastic grocery bag to collect trash.
- Consider using a grabber tool
How to make your own trash grabber
To make litter pick up easier, you can create your own grabber. You can make your own grabber that will not only pick up the litter, but also take a photo and tag the location, if you use the Litterati app.
DIY Trash Grabber Instructions
FYI, fence lines, alleyways, and ditches are all areas where trash can collect and often get trapped. Be sure to check these areas when you clean up!
Track your impact!
- Download the Litterati App from Google Play or the App Store
- Use code: TUB2021 to join our "Let's Tidy Up Boulder" challenge from August 15 to Nov. 1!
- Snap a photo (one piece of trash per photo)
- Upload and tag!
- If you need support with Litterati, watch this webinar with more information. The Zoom password to view the webinar is U$HW+41p
Keep in mind C.O.M.B when tagging your litter:
By participating as a volunteer you acknowledge an assumption of risk of injury or possible death to yourself or your minor child in connection with any activities associated with your volunteer work. And you agree to hold the City of Boulder, its employees, and agents harmless in connection with these activities.