Looking for the city's Parks and Recreation discounts and promotions? You've come to the right place!
We have several options aimed at supporting access for the entire Boulder community, so see what may work best for you.
Have a question or want recommendations based on your situation and goals? Call 303-413-7200, then choose option #1 and then #1 again.
Plan your summer fun! The Unlimited Summer Fun Pass gives you access to the following Boulder recreation facilities:
- Boulder Reservoir
- East Boulder Recreation Center
- North Boulder Recreation Center
- South Boulder Recreation Center
- Scott Carpenter Pool
- Spruce Pool
Pass valid May 26 - Sept. 4.
|Ages||Pass Fee||Resident/Worker* Rate|
If you purchase the Reservoir Only Pass along with your boat permit renewal, you’ll receive the following number of visitor vouchers:
- Small craft permit + Reservoir-only pass: 3 entry vouchers
- Large craft permit + Reservoir-only Pass: 5 entry vouchers
This promotion is valid through February 28, 2023.
|Ages||Pass Fee||Resident/Worker* rate|
PLAYpass is a program that aims to reduce barriers to fee-based participation in sport and recreation programs, so all Boulder youth have the opportunity to thrive and live healthy, active lifestyles. Youth can use the PLAYpass in the following Boulder Parks and Recreation classes and programs:
PLAYpass es un programa cuyo objetivo es reducir las barreras a la participación en programas deportivos y recreativos arancelados, de modo que todos los jóvenes de Boulder tengan la oportunidad de desarrollar estilos de vida activos y saludables. Los participantes de PLAYpass pueden gastar la beca en los siguientes programas:
- EXPAND (para personas con discapacidades)
- Gonzo Tenis
- Kidz Kamp (cuidado de niños)
- La Gimnasia
- Las Clases de Natación (no clases privadas)
The Community Lounge/gym pass is available to BVSD students during the school year and allows access only to the Community Lounge and the gymnasium. The pass is valid Monday – Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
$2 entry fee for middle and high school students has the following restrictions:
- Only valid at the South Boulder Recreation Center (North/East do not have a lounge type space, or same proximity to schools.)
- Includes access to gymnasium (if open) & community lounge
- BVSD student identification card must be presented at time of purchase
- Only valid at time of visit – does not include reentry
- Only available for purchase during the BVSD school year
- Does not include access to weight/cardio room, pool or sauna
- This is a trial for the remainder of the 2022/2023 school year, and will be evaluated for future school years.
SilverSneakers, Renew Active, One Pass and Silver&Fit are programs encouraging older adults to participate in physical activities that will help them to maintain greater control of their health. Many insurance companies offer these benefits to their members which allows them to access the Boulder recreation centers and participate in activities - including virtual - at no charge.
Begin working out with your membership:
- Check your eligibility online. You may also simply come into one of Boulder's three recreation centers. Bring your insurance card.
- Bring in your membership card to the rec center of your choice. If this is your first time using this membership at the City of Boulder, you will need to fill out a short waiver before you workout.
- Check with your insurance carrier for age eligibility.
That's it! You now have the following benefits:
- Unlimited access to the Boulder recreation centers, Boulder Reservoir and outdoor pools.
- Access to all drop-in fitness and mind/body classes.
- The opportunity to play your favorite sport -- or try something new! We offer drop-in pickleball, adult basketball, senior basketball, volleyball, badminton and more.
A 15% discount on monthly or annual passes is available to Active Military & Veterans; Local, State, Federal Government employees in the city of Boulder; University and School District employees in the city of Boulder. Current proof of public service employment required for every purchase.
Service in one of the following branches of service, identified by the Department of Defense:
- Air Force
- Coast Guard
- National Guard
- Merchant Marines
Please show one of the following at a recreation center front desk to qualify for the 15 percent discount:
- DD-214 Form
- Valid Veterans ID from the Veterans Affairs Office
- Valid Active Duty or Reservist ID
A free one time issuance of a 90-day pass will be given to veterans who discharge after Sept 11, 2001, live within the city limits of Boulder.
You will need your DD-214 form showing the discharge date and proof of your current address within the city limits.
Contact Matt Gazdik at 303-413-7468 or email@example.com to set up an appointment.
The EXPAND Program provides services to veterans with disabilities.
All employees of businesses located within the city limits of Boulder are eligible for resident pricing on annual and multi-use passes at City of Boulder Recreation Centers, the Boulder Reservoir, Scott Carpenter Pool and Spruce Pool.
To have this discount added to your membership please provide current/recent proof of employment.
Program is audited and reviewed annually.
Rate reflects a discount rate for those who either live, or are paid employees of businesses or organizations, within the city limits of Boulder. If you need help determining your fee status speak with our team members at any recreation center. Adult proof of residence/worker status required. Applicable for recreation facility entry fees only.
Any adults, seniors or youth residing at the same address. Anyone 19 years old and over must provide proof of same address residence (sorry, no exceptions).The package must include at least 1 members aged 19 or older.The package may not include more than 8 members aged 19 or older.
We occasionally offer promotions and specials. Sign up for email updates and follow us on social media @boulderparksrec to get the best deals!