The city continues to work with the Small Business Development Center (SBDC), Boulder Chamber, Boulder Convention & Visitors Bureau, Downtown Boulder Partnership, Latino Chamber of Boulder County, Boulder County and other partner organizations to appreciate, anticipate and appropriately respond to short- and long-term business needs.
City of Boulder approves five-year Outdoor Dining Pilot Program (applications open June 27 to July 15, 2022) - On Tuesday, June 21, 2022, Boulder City Council voted unanimously to implement an Outdoor Dining Pilot Program designed based on feedback from the temporary dining expansions during the COVID-19 pandemic. The five-year pilot program provides year-round outdoor dining rules for restaurants, brewpubs, taverns, breweries, distilleries and wineries. More information: Outdoor Dining Pilot Program webpage
Boulder ARPA Small Business Grant - (Applications are now closed.) The City of Boulder is partnering with the nonprofit Colorado Enterprise Fund (CEF) to offer grants for local small businesses, including women- and minority-owned businesses that continue to be negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. One-time grants of $1,000, $2,500 or $5,000 that do not need be repaid will be awarded through a competitive application process administered by CEF. Grant awards will be made until available funds of $400,000 dedicated to this program are exhausted, and the number of applications received may exceed available funding. To be considered, businesses must be located in the city of Boulder, have been established before January 1, 2020, have 2 to 49 employees, and meet other eligibility requirements. Applications for the grant (available in English and Spanish) were open from 8 a.m., Monday, June 6 to 5 p.m., Monday, June 20, 2022. More information: Boulder ARPA Small Business Grant webpage
Boulder ARPA Child Care Business Grant - (Applications now closed.) The City is offering a separate grant program for state-licensed, non-home-based child care businesses, including women- and minority-owned businesses, negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Grants of $1,000, $2,500 or $5,000 will be awarded through a competitive application process until available funds of $100,000 are exhausted. The child care business grants are in addition to ongoing support for child care providers and needs-based support for families with low incomes seeking child care provided through the city's Housing and Human Services Department. To be considered for a child care business grant, applicants must be located in the city of Boulder, have between 2 and 49 employees, and meet other eligibility requirements. Applications for the grant (available in English and Spanish) were open from 8 a.m., Monday, June 6 to 5 p.m., Monday, June 20, 2022. More information: Boulder ARPA Child Care Business Grant webpage
Funding and Technical Assistance
Several state funding programs are currently available for Boulder County small businesses impacted by the pandemic. Visit the Boulder SBDC COVID-19 Funding resource page for more information.
Below are "Masks highly recommended" and "Masks required for unvaccinated individuals" posters, in English and in Spanish, with and without logos. All signs can be downloaded and printed at 8.5” x 11”.
- Business and community resources (Boulder Chamber)
- Business consulting, webinars and list of local resources (Boulder Small Business Development Center)
- COVID-19: What to Expect in Boulder Right Now visitor information (Boulder Visitors and Convention Bureau)
- Downtown Boulder Updates and safe visitation Information and Resources (Downtown Boulder Partnership)
- Employer/employee COVID-19 guidance and resources (Boulder County)
- Local information and resources (Spanish and English) (Latino Chamber of Boulder County)
- Local resources for artists, arts and cultural organizations (newsletter) (Boulder Office of Arts and Culture)
- Public health business guidance webinars (Boulder County Public Health)
Federal and State Resources
- Public Health Guidance for Businesses and Community (Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment)
- Colorado Work-Share Program and other alternatives to layoffs (Colorado Department of Labor and Employment)
- Energize Colorado Gap Fund grants and loans (Energize Colorado)
- Connecting Colorado webpage for job opportunities
- OnwardCO: One-stop resource for the people of Colorado impacted by job loss during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Federal programs for the arts sector (Americans for the Arts)
- Federal COVID-19 Resources (U.S. Small Business Administration)