- 1) A Secondhand Dealer and Pawnbroker License application must be completely filled out and signed, including: i) all owners, officers, members, and managers legal name, and birth dates, ii) business email address, and iii) legal name, and birth dates of all employees and store managers who will complete the Police pawn books on used goods. The application will be routed to Sales Tax for business license status and tax remittance research, to Boulder Police for background check research, and to Building Officials for zoning and location spot checks.
- 2) A fee of $128.00 for Secondhand Dealer and $128.00 for Pawnbroker for the application will be paid online at time of submission and $7 per person for background checks will be invoiced separately by City Licensing upon successful submission of your online application.
- 3) The applicant must provide proof of applying for or already obtaining a city sales tax license. For questions, email Sales Tax at email@example.com
- 4) An application must be received at least two weeks prior to beginning sales. A late fee of $200.00 will be charged for all applications that are submitted after the deadline.
- Pawnbroker Information:
- 1) Post a surety bond in the amount of $5,000
- 2) Provide proof of fire and property damage insurance policies upon the property the applicant holds as pledge in the minimum amount of one-half its' pledged value.
- Please Note: For each of the above licenses, background checks will be conducted for all business owners, store managers, and employees who will complete the Boulder Police Department pawn books on goods received. Information on record keeping required of the licensee by the Boulder Police Department is available at BPD Records.
How to Apply for an Secondhand Dealer and Pawnbroker License
Complete Application Packet
Locate the Secondhand Dealer and Pawnbroker License Application Packet in the Application Documents section below.
The Regulatory Licensing Division holds virtual application clinics every Wednesday morning, which you may attend via call in to ask questions
10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. for Miscellaneous license application questions
Call: 720-593-3714 and enter conf ID: 564 139 518#
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Or call in (audio only)
+1 720-593-3714,,564139518# United States, Denver
Phone Conference ID: 564 139 518#