Special Event Liquor Permit Requirements
- Pursuant to State Liquor Code and City of Boulder regulations, anyone that is selling and/or serving alcohol at an event (1) to which members of the general public have access, and/or (2) that has been posted to social media platforms or otherwise publicly announced are required to obtain a Special Event Liquor Permit. Nonprofit organizations are the only entities that qualify as an applicant. Each applicant is limited to fifteen (15) days per calendar year for special event permits.
- You must submit BOTH the city & a state application, including all required documents according to the application checklists and a completed premises diagram, at your scheduled intake appointment with city licensing staff. Do not send the application directly to the State Liquor Division. At the appointment we will provide a poster that you will post at the event location for a minimum of 10 days for the required Public Comment period.
- City staff requests that you call or email to schedule your intake appointment no less than 40 days prior to your event date, as per liquor code regulations, a legally complete application must be accepted no less than thirty (30) days prior to the event date, there are no exceptions to the 30 day deadline.
- Please contact the Licensing Division at 303-441-4192 and select the Special Event option or email us at LicensingOnline@bouldercolorado.gov making sure to put 'Special Event Liquor Permit Appointment' in the Subject Line.
- Please note that the Licensing Division's goals for return voicemails is 48 business hours and return emails is 96 business hours due to customer volume and current license processing, so we ask that you plan your appointment requests accordingly.
How to Apply for a Special Event Liquor Permit (Private Property)
Complete Application Packet
Locate the Special Event Liquor Permit held on Private Property Application below.
Visit the following link to complete our application form: https://tinyurl.com/cobapplication. You will then be contacted by Licensing Staff to upload your application using a secure folder. Please make sure you upload the entire application packet documents just like you would if you were mailing or hand delivering it to us as a PDF.
Virtual Intake Meeting
Once your application has been submitted, License Staff will contact you to set up a virtual intake meeting. During the meeting license staff will go over the application with you and make sure we have a legally complete application.
You will receive a digital invoice where you will be able to log into the City of Boulder Customer Self-Service Portal. and pay the invoice online.
The Regulatory Licensing Division holds virtual application clinics every Wednesday morning, which you may attend via call in to ask questions;
11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for Liquor license application questions
Call: 720-593-3714 and enter conf ID: 247 686 993#
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Or call in (audio only)
+1 720-593-3714,,247686993# United States, Denver
Phone Conference ID: 247 686 993#