- Pursuant to State Liquor Code and City of Boulder regulations, anyone that is selling and/or serving alcohol at an event (1) to which members of the general public have access, and/or (2) that has been posted to social media platforms or otherwise publicly announced, is required to obtain a Special Event Liquor Permit. Nonprofit organizations are the only entities that qualify as an applicant. Each entity is limited to fifteen (15) days per calendar year for special event permits.
- Applications must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event date or they cannot be accepted. Applications can be accepted up to 90 days prior to the event.
- The application must include both the city and the state application, including all required documents, according to the application checklist. Do not send the application directly to the Colorado Liquor Enforcement Division.
- After the application is reviewed by staff, a public notice poster will need to be picked up by the applicant and posted at the event location for at least ten days.
- Please contact the Regulatory Licensing Division at 303-441-4192 or email us at LicensingOnline@bouldercolorado.gov with any questions.
Special Event Liquor Permit Requirements
How to Apply for a Special Event Liquor Permit (City Owned Property)
Complete Liquor Application Packet
Locate the Special Event Liquor Permit held on Public Property Application below.
Visit the following link to complete our application form: https://tinyurl.com/COBSpecialEvent.
Staff will respond within 1-2 business days with instructions to upload the application materials.
Upload Application & Pay Invoice Online
- Log Into City of Boulder Customer Self-Service Portal
- Select the "My Work" option on the dashboard
- Select "My Permits"
- Locate your permit and click on the permit number
- Select the "Attachments" option
- Select "Add Attachments" and locate your completed application
- Select "Submit"
- To pay fees, select the "Fees" option
Virtual Intake Meeting
A virtual intake meeting may be required. Staff will provide instructions for the intake meeting if needed.
The Regulatory Licensing Division holds virtual application clinics every Wednesday morning, which you may attend via call in to ask questions;
11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. for Liquor license application questions
Call: 412-912-4129 and enter conf ID: 292 927 332 797#
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app